Friday, May 19, 2017

Webinar Reminder :: Exams in the CM Homeschool!

Hi friends!  Happy Friday!

Just wanted to remind you about the "Exams in the Charlotte Mason Homeschool" webinar I'll be doing for the Learning How to Live community this coming Tuesday at 8pm Eastern.  If you haven't signed up yet but were planning to, please head over there to get yourself on the list!

Edited to add: The webinar is over, but you can still purchase the replay by following the same link!


I'm really excited about the chance to chat on this topic in a live audio/video format.  If you've been around my blog for any length of time, you know this is an area of passion and interest for me.  And thanks to the flexibility of the platform, I'll have the chance to get into more detail than I've been able to before!

Just to give you a peek at some of the topics I'll be covering:

:: how exams looked in the PNEU, especially in light of the culture of English schools at the time
:: the inspiring vision for exams from the volumes, Parents Review articles, the programmes and examination booklets themselves, and more gems from the archives
:: specific ways that exam questions change through the Forms and what that tells us about the intellectual development of our students, the curriculum we offer them, and the methods we use
:: a clear articulation of principles from her approach and how we can carry over that mindset into our own homes
:: nitty-gritty suggestions toward creating and implementing exams with your children
:: the tremendously fruitful process of assessment, and strategies for applying what we learn through that process to benefit our homeschools
:: common difficulties and reservations, and options for troubleshooting those

I have pulled examples to share from our term exams through the years, and am looking forward to answering the questions I have received so far -- and am up for more as well!  And, of course, the workshop will feature a healthy dose of real-life experience, because as a mom of eight very different children, that's where I'm coming from. ;)

I'm hoping it will be valuable to both newbies and veterans alike.

If you'd like to sign up, now's the time!  Registration will close on Monday.  Head over to Learning How to Live for more information.

8 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to hearing this! That is my CM Book Group meeting night though. So I'm going to try and jump on and catch what I can. Maybe if people are running late I'll end up getting the whole thing. If not, I'll grab the part I miss during the replay. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you'll be "there," Virginia Lee! :) And 4th Tuesdays are usually my CM study group night too, but we changed our meeting for this month to the 5th Tuesday of the month so I could do the webinar on the day they requested. Anyway, I don't want to hope that your frineds are late, but...I hope they're late! ;) And yes, you can always catch the rest on replay!

      Delete
  2. This was such a great webinar Celeste! Thank you so much! It was so helpful! Also, I've been looking over your various exam posts this term, and they have really helped me see how I can be more creative with exam questions. I can't wait to do our final term exams! :)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, Karen! I can't wait to hear how your final exams go!

      Delete
    2. Hi Celeste! I just wanted to stop by really quick to let you know I just posted about our Term 3 exams on my blog. Here's the link:

      https://livinglearninggrowingblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/09/year-3-term-3-exams/

      Delete
    3. Thank you for sharing the link, Karen! I went over to have a look and you are doing an excellent job!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Celeste! I would love to check out your webinar, but the link is asking me to create a WordPress account. Is that the process, or is the webinar replay no longer available for purchase? Do you have any similar resources available? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lea! The blog that was hosting the webinar was just taken down, and I hadn't yet had a chance to update my own blog accordingly. Sorry about that! I have a lot about exams here on the blog via this tag: https://joyouslessons.blogspot.com/search/label/Exams I also did am episode on exams on The Mason Jar: https://thenewmasonjar.com/034/ The webinar itself is no longer for sale individually but can be accessed for free as part of CMEC membership: thecmec.org. Hope that helps!

      Delete